Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there! I love that we have a day to appreciate everything Mom's do because after having a kid and trying to do some of the stuff they have to do (like comfort a crying baby or changing really nasty diapers or talking to someone who doesn't talk back) I've come to appreciate the job of a mom MUCH MUCH more. Well, since I didn't get Chrissie a card for her first Mother's Day (I know, that's really lame on my part), I decided to do a blog post. Here goes.

Chrissie/Mommy,
Elijah and I both wanted to tell you how much we love you. Since he can't type very fast, I'm going to speak for both or us :) Who would have imagined that this is what God had planned for us? It was on Mother's Day last year that we found out we were going to have a baby and you (and me) couldn't have been more scared. Our plan of waiting at least 3-4 years after we got married before having a kid got moved up to a quick 1 year and 3 days. But now look at you; you are one of the best mothers around. 
Elijah wants you to know that he really appreciates you staying home with him during the day and changing his diapers and singing his "silly little songs" (direct quote) to him that always make him smile. He loves you very, very much.
I wanted to let you know that you've displayed an amazing amount of patience and strength since you became a mom. Now instead of just taking care of me, you manage to fit in time and energy for both me and Elijah. I really appreciate all the nights where you got up to take care of Elijah so that I could get my sleep. I also appreciate your patience on Wednesdays when I have work and then class so the only person you "talk to" all day is Elijah. You say you don't contribute much to our family, but I think you contribute WAY more than I do. There is no way I could do what you do. I love you babe and somehow I love you more each day.

Happy Mother's Day to one of the best in the biz,
-Kirk and Elijah

My Two Loves

Also, I can't do a Mother's Day post without giving a shout-out to my own mom. Mom, I love you and you did/still do a great job as a mother. Now that I've got one, five kids seems like a lot to handle at one time. Thank you for all your love.

-Kirk

Me and my mom dancing at my wedding


4 comments:

Jessica Jackson said...

Aw, Kirk, that post made me tear up. You are a great dad, and an even better man for recognizing how great Chrissie is!:)

Love you both. Happy 1st Mother's Day, Chrissie!

By the way, I LOVE the top picture. You look beautiful, bubba.

The Seaman Family said...

That was so sweet Kirk! You are an amazing husband and father. Happy first Mother's Day Chrissie!

Kirk and Chrissie said...

Thank you, baby! You are a wonderful husband and father. I couldn't do what I do without you.

Aunt Rach said...

Kirk! That was so nice. Chrissie, everything he said is true.