Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

We had a great extended weekend with the Duncans.  The whole family was able to come down (although sadly, Kelly could only be here for the day on Saturday) and we packed out the weekend with a lot of fun, food, and of course, a lot of passing Elijah around! On Saturday, mom and dad took us all to Benihana to celebrate the birthdays of Kyle, Kirk, and Katie (they are all within about a month of each other).  Kirk and I had never been to a Japanese steakhouse like that where they cook right in front of you.  It's was very fun to watch the chef work his magic and the food was delicious!

On Sunday, mom, Katie, Konni and I took Elijah for his first swimming experience in the pool at the hotel where they stayed.  Elijah did great in the water and it got me even more excited for summer! Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures because I had given Kirk the camera for the day (see below).   

Thanks for coming Duncans! We had a great weekend with all of you and can't wait for the next time.
Kyle, Konni, Kelly and Mom at Benihana.
Dad and Katie.
And our little family rounding out the table (sidenote: I am going to brag about E a little bit here.  It is SO nice having a laid back baby that is so easy to take out! He hardly ever even makes a sound!)

3 comments:

Chad, Linds and the Twins said...

Chrissie, thanks for your sweet comments! Ever since Lauren told me about your blog I have been checking it. Oh my goodness, Elijah is soooo adorable!!! Lauren can't wait to see him this weekend.

ryan and chelsee jones said...

Chrissie - Elijah is soooo cute and getting big! :) I love the pics! Seeing him makes me excited about our little one coming! :)

Grandma said...

Chrissie, I miss you guys! Looks like a fun Duncan family time. Glad they could make it!
Elijah, I love you. (You too, Kirk.)