Sunday, May 10, 2009

Elijah's Dedication


Today was a very special day for the Duncan family - it was Elijah's dedication! I don't know why it is called "Elijah's" dedication, because it is actually Chrissie and I publicly dedicating ourselves to raise Elijah in a way that shows him God's love and points him to Jesus. It is a very important decision to make and our church body has agreed to help us as we raise Elijah. We would appreciate your prayers as well as Chrissie and I do our best to raise Elijah this way.

Dad and Mom Spier came out for the event. We loved having them here for that and for Mother's Day as well. 

Dad watching Elijah while Elijah watches the golf tournament on TV

Chrissie and her mom and Elijah and his mom

Here is a video of the dedication service at church today. I pieced clips together because the whole thing was too long to post on the blog and also because during the whole time where the Pastor Derrick said a phrase and repeated it, he stood RIGHT in Dad's way so all you can see of Chrissie and Elijah and me is the right side of my body. That was unfortunate.  But thank you Dad for videotaping! You did a great job.

In the first part of the video, it's hard to tell, but Elijah just started SCREAMING for no reason at all right before we walked on stage. Thankfully it only lasted a couple seconds and then he pulled it together before his performance. 




5 comments:

The Seaman Family said...

I love the new pic at the top of your blog! Congrats on the Dedication, and I know you guys will be great parents and spiritual leaders to Elijah.

Jessica Jackson said...

Elijah did a great job! It's a lot of pressure up there among the babies, but he held it together with no problem. Way to go, buddy!

Aunt Rach said...

PS. Chris, I love your hair.

Vanessa said...

Chrissie - the new main photo at the top of your blog is amazing. :) Everything about it. What a perfect little (good-looking!) family!

Grandma said...

I love these pictures! I want that one on the top of the blog! You are a wonderful family and Dad and I loved being with you guys. You're doing a wonderful job with Elijah. He is a delightful baby. I miss him already! Can't wait till next time.