Sunday, January 18, 2009

Time to go home!

Around 5:30 yesterday, they gave us the clear to head home.  Elijah is very healthy and other than a little bit of jaundice that we have to keep an eye on, he is in perfect shape! We were so happy to hear that he had done so well in his hospital stay.  You could definitely tell that Kirk and I were first-timers as we got him ready to come home...dressing him and diaper changes were a little traumatic for Elijah, but I think he forgave us :).

Kirk and Elijah got a quick nap in before departure.

Mommy and Elijah just hanging out.
Sorry, these picture are out of order but I don't have the patience to change it right now.  Here's Elijah all bundled up in his car seat ready to head home!
Another car seat shot.  I call him my little elf in this BabyGap outfit.
We finally got his diaper issues taken care of (after he peed all over the place!) and got him dressed and ready to go!

We could not be happier to be at home and Elijah was a champ in his first night here.  



6 comments:

Aunt Rach said...

Way to go Elijah! Let 'em know who's boss!

Lauren said...

I can't handle not seeing him in person! AHHHHH so cute. I can't wait to hear how things are going at home! I will give you a call this week!

Unknown said...

i cant get enough of the new edition!
he is just insanely cute...and entertaining :)

Rachel Jones said...

oh my gosh, he's such a cute little peanut!!!

Allison and Daniel said...

look at your family!!! so amazing. I am sure it feels weird to be home. Daniel and I are making you dinner for Saturday the 24th, I look forward to seeing you and meeting little Elijah!

Marlene said...

Have fun with your son at home! So happy he is healthy and of course beautiful. wish I could meet him in person!