Saturday, April 23, 2011

OH NO!

Many of you know I am a sucker for traditions. I absolutely love all the cheesy things about the holidays. Last year, I tried to color eggs with E which was a huge bust. This year, I thought it would be more interesting for him. Well, it certainly was interesting. I set up the dying station while Elijah was watching Barney. I left the room for a minute, apparently right when Barney was ending. I came back into the room, expecting to see Elijah in his chair watching Barney, but instead, found him standing in a huge blue spot on the carpet with the plastic cup in his hand. He apparently got up onto the table, got a hold of the cup, and either tried to drink it (unsuccessfully), or just pour it all over himself and the carpet (successfully). I definitely let out a big yell, which scared him, and lots of crying ensued. Anyway, we did finally get him cleaned up (the carpet is a work in progress) and colored some eggs. It all seemed a bit anti-climatic, however.


Not happy, feeling blue (pun intended).
The evidence.

2 comments:

the cuthberts said...

so cute/hilarious...(I can say that b/c it's not mine). We had a similar incident recently--try ironing out the blue (with a wet towel inbetween the carpet and iron...that worked pretty well for us!)

Darla said...

Oh.my.goodness! This CRACKED me up! Although, I'm sure it wasn't funny to you at all at the time. Being a parent is always interesting:)