Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter! Christ is Risen!!

I LOVE Easter Sunday. I remember being a kid and getting up for sunrise service at the park and then going to the church gym for breakfast. It is a day filled with so much HOPE and JOY. I can not fully understand the sacrifice that Christ made on my behalf, but I am thankful that He offers us new, resurrected life! Hallelujah! What a Savior!

Church was great this morning, as usual. Our pastor reminded us that today is about LIFE conquering DEATH, and in order to really live that life that was intended for us, we have to follow Christ and put fear aside. We sang the song Christ is Risen by Matt Maher and it is a song whose theme is victory in Christ. Here it is...it's definitely worth a listen. The bottom line is this: Christ is ALIVE. He is risen and active. He wants to be in relationship with us. How humbling. How amazing.



After church, we went to Bravo (a great Italian place) for lunch and then came home for naps. We didn't even get around to taking pictures until after naptime. We might not look quite as sharp as we did when we left for church, but I still think the kids looked precious. Kirk and I continue to pray that they will someday accept the gift that Christ has offered to them of a new life and victory over sin!

Leah looked "picture perfect", as Kirk said :).
She sure can make a mess though!
Happy Easter, Leah!
I tried to get a picture of the 2 kids together. This is the best we could get (sorry about the placement of Leah's hand :)).
Just not interested in pictures. Sorry, mommy.

2 comments:

Darla said...

Happy Easter! Precious. What cute kiddos.

Kelly Tuzzolino said...

I miss those kids so much!! Hopefully gas prices will drop soon and I can come visit!