Sunday, August 15, 2010

Superwoman

We are so thankful for my mom.  It has been such a tremendous help to have her around since Leah's birth.  I spent some time this afternoon thanking the Lord for her servants heart and genuine love and concern for her family's well-being.  She left yesterday morning and as always, I cried as she pulled away.  The tears were a mix of sadness to see her go and also a real gratitude for his presence in our lives. She did so much these past few weeks from leaving from PA at 4 am to get here to meet Leah, to dishes, to laundry, to entertaining Elijah, to singing to Leah, to taking on an early morning shift with a newborn...the list could go on and on.  

Mom, Kirk and I were saying today that you are the perfect houseguest.  You have gone above and beyond the call of a grandmother these past 2 weeks and there are no words or gestures that we could use to adequately thank you.  Come back soon!

The Duncans kids love Grandma Spier!
Elijah says "I miss you, Grandma!"

2 comments:

Grandma said...

Thank you, Chrissie! You are so sweet. As I have said before, it is I who am grateful to spend the time with my precious grandchildren and you and Kirk. You have a wonderful family and I am happy to be included!

Peter and Bethany said...

There is no one like a mama and you have a great one!