Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers Day 2010

Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there! I especially want to wish a happy fathers day to a few dads who are very special to me.

Kirk, you are fantastic father.  Having been thrown into the role a bit (or a lot) unexpectedly a year and a half ago, I could have never guessed that you would have adapted to it so effortlessly.  You are naturally kind, loving and playful with Elijah and especially patient with him.  I don't think there is anyone else in the world Elijah would rather play with than you.  It is obvious he adores you and I know that adoration will only continue to grow.  I can't wait to see you as a dad of two!
Dad Duncan, thank you for raising a son that loves the Lord and desires to serve Him.  Kirk holds you in very high regard and values you more than you probably know.  Thank you also for taking on a FOURTH daughter and caring for me as your own!
Oh yeah, you are a wonderful grandpa too! 
Dad, I could have never asked for a better father in my life.  You have so many character traits I could only hope and strive to emulate: your passion, your drive, your wit, and your unconditional love and acceptance are only a few of the things that make you a role model in my life.  I have also never known anyone who believes in me like you do.  I am convinced I am a better person because of your encouragement over the years.
It's also so much fun to see you as a grandpa! You are a great one :). 

3 comments:

The Seaman Family said...

Very Sweet. Happy Father's Day Kirk!

Darla said...

Ha ha. Love the "My Dad is Rad" shirt. Too cute:)

Aunt Rach said...

That one of Dad & Elijah makes me smile.