Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Elijah and I would like to wish a Happy Father's Day to one of the best dads in the world! We are so thankful for such a wonderful provider, supporter, and friend.  I can not really put into words how awesome it has been to watch you embrace your new role as a father.  Even though we would have never guessed that we would be celebrating Father's Day this year, you have willingly and happily stepped up as an excellent dad! Thank you for all you do.  We love you!

And of course, I want to mention my dad.  Dad, thanks for always being there to love me and encourage me.  Because of you, I have always believed I can do anything I want to do with the Lord's help and guidance.  You are a very wise man and I've always admired how you live your life above reproach.  I love you very much! 

I also want to give a shout out to my father in law! Dad Duncan, I appreciate the way you have raised up Kirk as a man of God.  He often comments on the positive example you set for him in so many ways.  We love you!


Elijah and I made Kirk breakfast in bed this morning.  Kirk may not love me for posting this, but in his defense, he had only been awake about 3o seconds before I pulled out the camera!
We took some pictures outside after church.  I just love these guys!

2 comments:

Chad, Linds and the Twins said...

Chrissie! What a great post!! You two are such great parents and Elijah is soooo precious! I have a picture I was going to post of Father's Day too, although it didn't turn out as good as yours!:)

Unknown said...

Duncan's morning face hasn't changed since college. Good to know!