Monday, August 11, 2008

Duncan Basswood Trip 2008

I survived my first camping trip! Last week, we headed with Kirk's family and cousins to Basswood Lake in the Boundary Waters of MN for a camping and fishing trip. Kirk has been doing this trip for years and as an official part of the family this year, I went along. While camping is not going to become a regular activity for me, I will say it was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be (although I was nervous when we had to set up camp in a downpour). It was absolutely beautiful and the company was good. Kirk was glad I got to experience the trip and was very proud of how I handled tent living!! Here's a few pics from the adventure...

My first catch!
Kyle had a rough first day. His quote after this catch was "I think God is mocking me."
One of Ryan's many catches.
This was my biggest catch and possibly the biggest catch of the week (my only competition for biggest fish, by the way is Tim, who is also an in law and first timer).
Enjoying the boat ride on the last day.


2 comments:

Jessica Jackson said...

That's quite a fish.

Kate said...

WOW! You're amazing Chrissie. That's quite an impressive fish! I am also VERY impressed at the camping (not my idea of a good time AT ALL) and the not showering part. Way to really join the Duncan family! I loved all the pictures too. :)