Monday, August 25, 2008

An afternoon at the Greenbriar...

Yesterday, we went to the Greenbriar Hotel. It is one of the top rated resorts in the country and it is an incredible place! It's definitely on my list of places I would like to stay some day. First, we toured a 112,000 square foot fallout bunker that was kept a secret from the American public for 30 years! It's underground beneath the hotel and was to be used for Congress if there was ever a nuclear attack on the US. The secret was disclosed in 1992 and they now give tours to the public. There are no pictures because cameras were not allowed, but trust me, if you are ever in that area, you should go on the tour! It was fascinating.

Then, we enjoyed the Greenbriar brunch. The food was incredible. After brunch, we thought it would be a good idea to walk off the food a little, so we took some pictures along the way.


The Jacksons.
The Duncans.
My niece. I'm in love.
The front of the Greenbriar.
The whole group...just missing Rach and Shane!








2 comments:

Aunt Rach said...

:( I'm sad we couldn't come. I didn't know mom & dad went. And, nice shirt, mom!!

Kate said...

Definitely seeing the baby bump in this pic!!!