Saturday, January 21, 2012

Happy 4th Annivesary to Us!

Last Thursday (the 12th), Kirk and I had our 4th anniversary. So much has happened in the last 4 years that I can't say if it seems like it's been longer or shorter! Whatever it is, I feel so blessed to be married to him and enjoy learning and growing with him each year. This past year has been, by far, the most challenging, but we have been so thankful for the ways that the Lord has revealed himself to us and developed us through the course of many challenges. I have said it before, but will say it again...I love you, Kirk, and am so excited for many more years of life experiences with you!

Thanks to my good friend Steph, we were able to get away for an overnight. We found a great overnight deal on living social for a bed and breakfast just north of Lancaster. Steph took great care of our kids and we thoroughly enjoyed 20 hours of peace without them (but we did miss them!).

On Thursday night, we were able to meet up with our great friend Paul and his girlfriend, Rachel at Lancaster Brewing Company. Great food and great company! Thanks for meeting us, you two! We really enjoyed it....so much so that we were there for over 2.5 hours and didn't even realize it until we got back in the car and saw the clock!
This was our cute B&B. We were the only guests that night so we had the place all to ourselves! I wish I had taken a picture of the breakfast we were served...it was amazing.
There we are! I love that Kirk really is my favorite person in the world to hang out with.
Love him!
On Friday morning, before heading out to get our kids, we went to the Lancaster Central Market...the country's oldest farmers market. It was very, very cool!


Happy Anniversary, Kirk!

2 comments:

Darla said...

Wow! FOUR years already?! Congratulations, you two.

Peter and Bethany said...

What a fun little get-a-way! You guys are a great couple! Congrats!