Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Elijah is Three!

On Sunday, Elijah turned three! I remember the day he was born with such clarity that it is hard to believe it was that long ago. We are so proud of him and thankful for his life. He makes us laugh every day and is learning and growing so much! We had a small party with just family and a few good friends. Elijah has been most interested in trucks lately so I decided to do a few truck themed things.

Punch and cake table.
I take no credit for this cake idea (I get all my ideas from Pinterest these days) but I was really excited about it and proud of it. I just layered chocolate cake, pudding mixed with whipped cream and crushed oreos and put it in the back of a dump truck to make it look like dirt.
We got plates from the movie "Cars", which Elijah has never seen but somehow still loves.
We used some of his collection of trucks as the centerpiece for the table. He thought it was fantastic and I thought it was a really easy (not to mention inexpensive) way to get him excited :).

No comments: