Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas at the Zoo.

Some of you may know that over the summer I started volunteering at a local home for single women who are pregnant with nowhere to go and have made the honorable choice to keep their baby.  This home provides free childcare until the baby is 6 months old.  I have really enjoyed getting to know these incredibly brave women and their stories.  I have also enjoyed getting to know some of the older kids (many women who move in there already have other children).  I specifically babysit a four year old named Kennyon once a week.  Last night, Kirk and I decided to take him to Christmas at the Zoo.  The have the place lit up with tons of Christmas lights. Despite the cold weather, we enjoyed watching Kennyon explore.  

Kirk and Kennyon at the gate!
Walkin in a winter wonderland!
Kennyon had a blast with Kirk (it was the first time they had met).  He especially loved being on Kirk's shoulders!
Elijah loved it too!
E was getting a little squirmy so we decided to hold him for a while.  Kennyon hopped right in the stroller and took a ride.  I thought he looked so funny in there.

2 comments:

Peter and Bethany said...

That kiddo looks like so much fun. I look at him and think of chik-fil-a.

Aunt Rach said...

I love Kennyon's smile - he's great!