Monday, November 24, 2008

What you've all been waiting for...

After Stephie's wedding and my baby shower in PA (which I didn't take any pictures of unfortunately), my mom and I loaded up a Budget Truck and made a trek back to Indiana.  We loved having my mom here for a week and she helped us get the baby's room just right! It looks great and we are so anxious for Baby Duncan to occupy his/her new room! 

We painted 3 of the walls chocolate brown and the other one green (you can see it in another picture).  My grandmother was gracious to give us a dresser and desk which are pictured here as well (desk has been transformed to changing table). 
Baby Duncan already has a collection of stuffed animals...and yes, that is a stuffed buzzard, courtesy of Uncle Jim and Aunt Verna).  
The safari mobile.  You can also get a good look at the hunter green color on the 4th wall. 
This is what you see directly across from you when you walk in the nursery.
A view from the entry way.  My sister Jessica made the photo frame on the wall.  It says around it the opening "For this child, I have prayed" and has one of the maternity pictures she took of us in it.  She did a great job and it matches perfectly!

5 comments:

Grandma said...

Looks as wonderful as I remember! I'm so excited to see Baby Duncan in that wonderful looking room. What a lucky baby to have all that and you two for parents!
I love you and miss you

Jessica Jackson said...

Chrissie! I love it! The colors look great and the bedding is awesome! Can't wait to see it in person- and to see the little person who will be living there.

Hooray for your new computer!

Lauren said...

YAY for the fixed computers and THE PICTURES! The nursery looks awesome Chrissie. Baby Duncan is going to LOVE it and I am going to LOVE visiting the precious piece of humanity. :-) Hopefully he/she will just hang in there til at least the 28th. Love you both

Aunt Rach said...

FINALLY!! I've been SO excited to see pics of the room!! NExt time I see it there will be a baby in it!!

Aunt Rach said...

And PS. the room looks fantastic!!