Wednesday, August 8, 2012

True Joy

Well, I'm back.  That was quite a long exit from the blogging world, but for anyone out there who still checks it from time to time, I will try to be a little better! We have had a crazy month, moving into a new house, trying to get settled, and going on vacation in the middle of it all! However, we are staying put for a while and going to do our best to make this house a home (and do plenty of documenting too!).  

I had to share these pictures from last weekend.  Kirk was out of town on an annual golfing trip he does with some college buddies and the kids and me were flying solo.  Doylestown holds an event each month called "First Friday" with lots of live music, street vendors, and other special events. A man from our church let us know that the fire trucks would be on display Friday night and Elijah just HAD to be there.  I hesitated going a little bit, since I didn't know if I could wrangle all 3 kids on the busy streets.  I decided to go ahead with it though and I am so glad I did.  The Lord heard my prayers and gave me a great night with my kids.  They were well behaved, polite, and really enjoyed themselves.  Elijah didn't even cry when he had to say goodbye to the fire trucks.  If you know anything about Elijah's love for fire trucks, this is a HUGE deal.  


First, we stopped at a specialty thin crust pizza joint called Jules.  It was our first time there and it was delicious!

I know you can't tell how excited he is to be sitting on a fire truck and talking to a fire fighter, but trust me, the kid was thrilled! This particular fire fighter was so kind to him also and told Elijah all about his job.

Free hat!

Then he tried out the old fashioned fire truck.

This just captures his joy so well! I love this kid and his passion for life!

They were flying the American flag on their ladder truck and Elijah thought it was so cool that the fire fighter was climbing up there.  Leah, on the other hand, thought it was terrifying.

2 comments:

Darla said...

Okay, amazing. That looks like so much fun. Not surprising that Elijah also looks TONS older. That haircut is too cute.
My heart skipped a beat when I saw the last picture. I hadn't read the description yet and literally thought it was Elijah climbing up. Ha! Glad it was a professionally trained firefighter instead;)

Rachel Jones said...

Glad you are back - can't wait to see and hear more about the house!
And you are so brave taking out 3 - I'm still trying to wrap my head around 2 :)