Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Happy Birthday, Leah Girl!


Last Wednesday, our sweet little baby girl turned 2 years old! It is hard to believe 2 years have gone by, but at the same time it is hard to remember life before her.  Leah brings so much LIFE to our days.  She gives us never a dull moment.  She is a busy beaver, always up to something, and truly loves her life! She is affectionate, sweet, loving, and a bit of a clown! She loves to make people laugh and she accomplishes this every day! I am so thankful that the Lord has allowed me to be her mom.  She is a delight (99% of time :)) and I look forward to many mother/daughter memories to come! Leah, you are loved and valued more than you know.

We had a nice day on her birthday.  The kids and me went for donuts for breakfast and then met my mom up at the country club for a little swimming and lunch. We had a small party with dinner with our family that evening.  

Birthday donut!

Emily wore her cupcake shirt in honor of the special day.

Leah enjoyed opening up her presents! She got so many girly things, like jewelry, dress up shoes, and baby dolls.  She is thrilled with all of it!

Putting on her heels.  ps. she did not take them off the entire next day! Yes, we made a trip to the pool with those on and to Aunt Jess's house.

Girly girl.

I may have made a bit of a selfish choice when I picked a Dairy Queen ice cream cake for her birthday treat.  Yum...my absolute favorite! (forgot to take a picture before Kirk cut into it :)).

Happy Birthday, Leah Doris! 

1 comment:

Darla said...

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY, LEAH! Wow. She certainly looks grown up. How precious in those heels! Ha. I know we always say this, but she and Clara would have an absolute BLAST together. I can just hear the giggles. Oh man. Emily is growing up, too! I see a lot more Chrissie in her;)