Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day

Kirk told me on Sunday night that he thought our Monday was a little too packed, since we had a parade, a trip to the pool, and a bbq all on the schedule. I asked him what he wanted to cut and he couldn't pick, so we decided to keep everything on and see how it went.  We were tired by the end of the day, but we had such a fun time with family and friends. 

The town of Doylestown has the oldest parade in the country on Memorial Day. I actually rode in it a few times as a kid and it was fun to go back and watch it with MY kids this time! Elijah and Leah struggled with the noise level at first, but adjusted and ended up really enjoying it.  Sweet Emily slept through the entire thing. We had a blast.

Leah, waiting for the parade to start with Grandma.

Elijah was quite excited about his patriotic firetruck shirt that I bought him.

Daddy ran some "exercises" for Elijah and Cam to pass the time waiting for the parade to start.

 Leah joined in.

I could not love this picture any more than I do.

We attempted a pic of all 5 of us.  Leah didn't want to cooperate in this one.

This one is a little better!

Finally, the parade begins!

The Jacksons, enjoying the show.

A little video of the action. Please note Elijah's pink noise cancelling headphones.  They are Cam's and thankfully, she let him wear them because they were the only thing that got him through!

The nice part about the kids being a little scared is that they actually sat in our laps the whole time! 

After the parade, we headed up to Saucon Valley Country Club, where my parents are members and hit  the pools.  It was the perfect day for it and we picture ourselves up there quite a bit this summer! Emily woke up for this part and was just as content as can be in her carseat.  Have I mentioned I love this child?

Leah is a little fish.  She could stay in the water for hours and Grandma is happy to oblige!

We finished the day with a bbq at the Jacksons, which I unfortunately did not document, but we had a great time! All in all, it was a full, but very fun day.  

2 comments:

Darla said...

Only Chrissie (Spier) Duncan could manage to successfully pack an entire day with fun WITH 3 kids (one being a newborn). I admire your adventurous spirit, Chrissie.

Peter and Bethany said...

Looks like an awesome day. Emily is so cute, I wish I could give her hugs! Still, the other day Hunter suggested we go to your house:).