Wednesday, April 4, 2012

2 Active Kids, 1 Lame Mom

Ok, I know I'm not really a lame mom, but I certainly have been feeling pretty lame lately. With just over 5 weeks to go in this pregnancy, the back pain has come on pretty strong. Since that is exactly what put me on bedrest with Leah, I have been trying to take it really easy this time around. I've been having contractions here and there as well as some back spasms, so if you think of me and could pray for both the baby and me, I would appreciate it! I am thankful to have family close by and a husband who is home during much of the morning! That has been a huge blessing when I'm feeling less than my best.

Anyway, even though I am much less active than usual, these 2 kiddos have not slowed down a bit. As a result, I've been trying to fill their days with activities that will occupy them for extended periods of time without putting too much of a toll on my back. Some days I am mightily successful. Some days I fail miserably. Here are a few of my success stories (I will spare you the failures...all you would be looking at is alligator tears and angry scowls!).

The other day Leah's crib was the place to be.
Such joy in the small things!
Then we put every stuffed animal we own in there with them. Every.single.one. They stayed in there for at least 20 mins playing. Score!
A few days ago, we did a water station in the kitchen. Not only did the kids LOVE having their swimsuits on, they loved being able to splash freely because I was in too much pain to care about a wet floor :).
Elijah was playing "sink or float"...I can't even tell you how many random objects he pulled from this apartment to test out!

4 comments:

Erica said...

Chrissie!!! You are obviously not lame at all. I will be praying for you (you are one of 5 friends due in May & June!) in the next few weeks. Keep that sweet baby girl snug in there!!

Peter and Bethany said...

Ugh, I know the feeling! Way to get creative! Not much longer!

Sweet Mama K said...

Praying for you!! You are doing a great job---keep up the good work. I'm saving some of these ideas for later :)

Anonymous said...

Chrissie, don't ever let me hear you (or anyone else) call you a lame mother! You are doing a fantastic job! I love having you close and observing your precious family first hand!