Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy V-Day!

We had a really fun Valentine's Day yesterday. We are not huge into the holiday but we did make the day a little special, anyway :). Kirk leaves for work before I am up (around 6 am) and he texted me after he left and said "Forgot to tell you, I left breakfast in bed for whenever you decide to wake up).

I rolled over and saw this! This is a wonderful start to my day! Don't worry, I shared with my kids, who also thorougly enjoyed it.
My parents kindly watched our kids so we could get out for a little date. Kirk and I take turns planning outings and this year, it was my turn. I wanted to do something different and more "Kirk-oriented" than just going out to dinner or a movie, so I decided to take him bowling. It was really fun!
I don't know if you can see the score there, but I was defeated by 2 lousy pins. I was quite proud of myself for breaking 100 though! (By the way, if you're wondering about the initials, they are "Big Daddy" and "Mama C".
We only played one game due to my bad back, which has decided recently to rear its ugly head, but it was still a good time. We finished the night with Starbucks.
I put together this little gift for Kirk. If you are on pinterest, you have probably seen this idea to frame a note that says "I love you because ________" and then you fill it in with a dry erase marker on the outside of the glass so you can change it from time to time. Well, this past year, Kirk and I read Love and Respect and it really has helped us communicate more effectively with each other. I decided to change it from love to respect since I figured that would mean more to him.
He is incredibly patient with me...no small task, my friends!

Anyway, I am thankful for a man and 2 children whom I love more than I could have ever imagined possible, as well as the love of so many friends and family members. Most of all, I am thankful for a God who IS love. We are blessed!