Monday, February 6, 2012

7x7 Link Awards

Well, I guess I have arrived in the blogging world, because here I am getting awards. Never mind that the "award" doesn't really mean anything and it is given to me by my friend who just happens to like looking at pics of my cute kids :). It's still an award, people! So anyway, here it goes.

1. Thank the person who nominated you: The person who nominated me is my sweet friend from the good ol' TU days, Erica :). I have read Erica's blog ever since she was living and teaching in Africa, to when she got engaged to a seemingly wonderful doctor man she met over there (I've never actually met him), to now, as she raises her adorable son, Bo on Long Island. Erica, thanks for thinking of me! I am still hoping that we will be able to get together soon since we live in bordering states and all :).

2. Share 7 things about yourself.

1. I believe there is no better combination of foods than peanut butter and chocolate.
2. I wish I was a reader. I do not enjoy it...at all. Usually the only time I read a book in its entirety is if I need to for a Bible study or something like that or if it happens to be a really sad story (I am sucker for sad stories for some reason!)
3. I LOVE vacations. My family has always gone somewhere different each year and I love exploring new areas. I'm hoping Kirk and I can do that with our kids too each year. So far, my favorite spots are Nantucket and Palm Springs.
4. I am big fan of Taylor University. Huge, actually.
5. Ever since we were engaged, Kirk and I have shared a heart for adoption. I hope and pray that will be part of our story some day!
6. Puppy chow, a diet coke, and a chick flick pretty much sum up a perfect evening these days.
7. I love games. I also love to win. I don't love games as much if I don't win :).

3. Share 7 of your blog posts, in the follow categories:

1. most beautiful: I am biased, but I would have to say it is a toss up between this one and this one. I think my babies are pretty beautiful and I love having a blog to introduce them to friends near and far :).

2. most helpful: I don't usually post much besides pictures of my kids, so I'm not sure where I fall on the helpful radar, but this one seemed to encourage a few people, and it was very helpful advice to me!
3. most popular: definitely this one! It was not our first blog post, but also the way we announced our surprise pregnancy to most of our friends and family.

4. most controversial: I honestly don't think I have had anything controversial on this blog. I try to save the controversy for facebook :).

5. most surprisingly successful: I don't think I am necessarily going the right way with answering this question, but I will share the experience that I surprised myself with. Christmas of 2010 I planned this getaway to New York City with Kirk. I have failed many gifts for my husband, but this one, I managed to keep a surprise and he really loved it all (or he pretended really well :)).

6. most underrated: without a doubt, this one! I actually remember working on this with Kirk and being so excited about it and waiting for the comments (I realize admitting this makes me very, very lame!). Only one comment from my faithful commenter and friend, Bethany! Come on people, that was good stuff.

7. most pride worthy: Probably my most recent post. I wouldn't really say that it gives me any reason to boast, but I can certainly boast in Christ and in what He is doing in our family!

4. Nominate 7 other bloggers (disclaimer: none of you are under any pressure to do this right away, or really to do it all, but I would love to read it if you do!).

Looking forward to seeing what you ladies have to say!

5 comments:

The Seaman Family said...

Dude, don't worry about people not commenting. There are so many blogs out there these days that most people just quickly read through and move on to the next and forget to comment. Congrats on your award! :) Hope you all are doing well in PA!

Kirk and Chrissie said...

Ha! I'm really not worried about it :). I was really just joking about that America Idol post because I was lame and spent so much time putting it together :).

Anonymous said...

Chrissie, I always, always read everything you write. I'm so thankful that I can stay connected to you through your blog. One comment about your most underrated entry: I commented on that, but it never appeared. Maybe there was a problem and that's why you didn't get as many comments? I remember saying something about being surprised that you didn't include Fantasia, but maybe I just got cut because it was a dumb comment! Anyway, keep on blogging! Much love.

Darla said...

LOVE this! And I'm not a reader either...but I enjoy reading your posts:)

house cleaning salt lake said...

Im so glad i get to discover your blogs.