Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day to Me.

I had a wonderful mothers day today thanks to my hubby and kids. First, I got to sleep in while Kirk got up with the kids. Second, I was greeted by my 2 cute kiddos and handsome husband in bed. Elijah handed me a card that was colored on by him and had a poem. This is how it goes:

Mothers do a lot of jobs like clothe and cook and clean
And you do it joyfully, you never do get mean.
Mothers need a lot of grace for when we disobey
Thankfully you have more than most and love us anyway.
You show us God's love dailty from morning til "amen"
And we're the luckiest kids in the world because you're the best mom that's ever been.

Tell me that doesn't melt your heart (something tells me the kids had a little help writing it :)). Then, as if that wasn't enough, Kirk handed me a box with a gift. It was a charm bracelet that says "best mom" and has my 2 kids initials as well as some other colorful beads. I LOVE it. I am so blessed. We headed to church, to Panera for lunch and then had our small group over for some kabobs on the grill. It was a great day.

Thank you, Kirk, Elijah and Leah for making me feel so loved and cherished today. I love being a mom because of you 3!


I made sure to get some photos with kids today especially because it was so nice outside.
Love these 2 (ps. Elijah has his arm around me here...too cute!).
We even got E to smile for the camera (we may have bribed him with a trip to the playground if he did).
LOVE.
Elijah ran off but Leah and I continued our lovefest.
She is just too sweet.
Elijah thoroughly enjoyed wearing his sister's girly hat and yelling "baseball game" repeatedly.


I also want to give a quick shout-out to my mom and mother-in-law. Mom, everything I know about being a mom I learned from you. I aspire to be the kind of mom to my kids that you were to me. Mom Duncan, you raised a good man and that is no small compliment. I am very thankful for you and the example you have set of being a selfless mom (of 5...wow!). Thanks for welcoming me and loving me.

Happy Mothers Day!

1 comment:

Darla said...

Happy Mother's Day to a well deserved mom.