Monday, January 14, 2013

Elijah is Four!

This is hard to believe, but Elijah is turning 4 tomorrow.  It's funny to think that the announcement of our pregnancy with him is how we started this blog of ours.  It's also funny to think how differently I felt about him then.  I was so so so scared to be a mom.  Let alone to be a mom of a boy.  But God, in his grace, has allowed me to not only embrace my role as a mom, but also to truly believe this is who I was meant to be.  This is exactly what God wanted me to be all along.  This may have been my plan B, but it was always God's Plan A.  I am thankful.

Elijah is such a joy.  He is adventurous, imaginative, curious, tenderhearted, and full of life! He is like his daddy in that he loves his life.  He is like his mommy in that he is sensitive and caring.  He keeps us laughing all the time and says some of the funniest things I've ever heard.  

Elijah, may you always know how much you are loved and valued.  May you always know that your life has purpose.  That Jesus loves you more than you could ever imagine.  That your parents will always be here for you.  That you are special. Happy birthday, sweet boy! I pray you will feel celebrated on this birthday and each and every day! You are truly a gift. 


2 comments:

Sweet Mama K said...

That is SO sweet! Happy Birthday to your big/little boy!

Darla said...

How is Elijah 4 already? I remember holding him as an infant at Panera in Indy. Crazy, crazy, crazy.