Monday, January 14, 2013

A little bit of catch up.


I feel like it would be a terrible shame if I didn't post a single thing about the holidays, so I've decided on our Christmas tree farm experience to share with you! This is, by far, my favorite Christmas tradition that our little family has.  Last year, since we were living in my parent's apartment, we didn't really have the space or desire for a tree, so we skipped out and I really missed it! I was excited to find a farm that was close to home, beautiful, and had reasonably priced trees! We had a really good time picking out a tree for our home and since we went on a Friday morning, we had the place to ourselves which was an added bonus.

Emily was all bundled up and carried in the Bjorn.

Daddy filling Leah in on the details of the hunt.
 I just love tree farms. 
 Elijah next to the winning tree...or so we thought. Turns out we didn't get this one because Daddy decided to take one last look around before we chopped and found a better one.
 The actual winner.
 Daddy gets to work! 
 Tried for a family picture but the 2 eldest were not interested.
 Leah helped Daddy out.
 Timber!
 Starting the journey back to the car.
 Love this guy.
 The tree turned out to be the perfect fit for our little living room, even if it was dead as a doornail by the day after Christmas :).
 Group pics are kind of a joke, but I tried :).

1 comment:

Rachel Jones said...

Aww love it!
I love picking out the tree too - such fun memories!!