Saturday, January 15, 2011

Elijah is 2!!

I can not believe Elijah is 2 years old today. I remember everything about my pregnancy, labor, and delivery with him like it was yesterday. I could not accurately express in words how thankful I am for this little guy. He has taught me so much about myself, my God, and the world. He has a strong will but an equally soft heart. He can be running around like a crazy person one minute and snuggling up to read a book the next. His favorite person is daddy, followed closely by Baby Yeah (don't worry, I'm pretty sure I'm 3rd). He is fun-loving, curious, and determined. He is a fantastic big brother who shares toys, giggles, and hugs. He has forced me out of my comfort zone in a lot of ways (not the least of which is just simply entering the world of stay at home moms!). I love him (and his sister) more than I could have ever imagined loving a child! I am thankful and humbled that the Lord chose Kirk and me for the great task of raising him to be a man that loves and fears Him. I can not wait to see how he continues to grow! We love you, Elijah man!

We had a really fun day today celebrating him!

We started out at Panera for breakfast. Elijah loved his cheese danish.
Hanging with his favorite person.
Leah was such a champ. She missed her morning nap for this, but you would have never known it!
Then we went to the Children Museum of Indianapolis. We had never taken E there before and it turned out to be an awesome success. He had a blast...and so did we!
And so did she!

3 comments:

Peter and Bethany said...

Looks like a fun day! Elijah you are a super special boy!

Kelly D. said...

Love, love, LOVE all the pictures! Thank you for sharing! It looks like Elijah really enjoyed his birthday. :-)

Grandma said...

What a wonderful day to mark E's #2! Looks like everyone had a good time. Great pictures, keep posting!